Arancini rice balls- my way. Make a well in the centre of the rice ball and insert a couple mozzarella cubes. Work the rice so that it completely encloses the cheese and re-shape into a smooth ball. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arancini rice balls- my way
- You need 4 tbsp of oil for frying the onions+ enough oil to fry the arancini.
- Prepare 2 of onion.
- It’s Half of garlic.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- It’s 70 g of breadcrumbs.
- You need 50 g of smoked cheese.
- You need of Spices of your choice.
- Prepare of Salt,pepper.
- You need 150 g of white rice.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 4 tbsp of all purpose flour.
These Italian Cauliflower Rice Balls (Arancini) are made with cauliflower in place of rice! I love Italian rice balls, which are traditionally filled with rice, sausage and cheese, rolled into balls, breaded and fried. Serve them with marinara for a delicious way to enjoy cauliflower rice a whole new way! Arancini/Italian Rice Balls is a popular street food in Sicily.
Arancini rice balls- my way step by step
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan and throw in the garlic and onion: cut in small squares. Add spices of your choice, i added a french spice mix, available ready in stores, plus salt and pepper. Fry until the onion is translucent. Then add the carrot, cut into really thin slices, stir often..
- Cook the rice seperately in water, until tender. Mix the rice with the above mentioned fried veggies plus add small squares of smoked cheese..
- Mix the eggs with the flour,the consistency must be like pancake butter. Shape small balls of the rice-veggie-cheese mixture, and one by one put them in the egg-flour mixture for a second to cover the balls well.
- Roll the balls in breadcrumbs and fry them in hot oil until crispy.
This classic deep fried recipe is air fried to make it a healthier snack. Arancini or Italian Rice Balls, is a very popular street food in Sicily. So, based on the way shaped these, I should be calling them "Arancine". Arancini are delicious, crispy, deep fried Sicilian balls of rice with a meat or tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese filling. They are crunchy, deep fried balls, or cones of rice which hide a center containing meat sauce, peas and mozzarella.