Easy baked ham. Remove as much of the ham from the bone as you can. I usually don't, as most of it renders out into the pan or is very easy to cut around. Place ham in pan with large cut side down.
This showstopping, honey-glazed, easy baked ham recipe has a secret. This easy ham comes together with honey, brown sugar, Dijon Mustard, and of course, a fully cooked smoked bone-in ham. Ham leftovers are delicious in soups, casseroles and ham sandwiches Simple,easy and oh so good! You can have Easy baked ham using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Easy baked ham
- Prepare of Ham shank – weight depend on your liking.
- It’s 2 Tbl of Stone ground mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 can of pineapple rings with juice.
- You need of Toothpicks.
I will make my ham steaks like this from now on.so much better than grilling it or pan frying. Score outside of ham in a diamond pattern; stud with cloves. Place ham, skin side down, on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. This baked ham recipe is the perfect easy main dish to make during the hectic holiday season.
Easy baked ham instructions
- Preheat oven 325 degrees..
- Place ham in a baking pan. Ensure the pan is deep enough to contain liquid. Pour 1/2 of the pineapple juice from can all over the ham..
- Brush generously the entire outside of the ham with mustard. You may need more/less than 2 Tbl of mustard depending on the size of the ham..
- Once the ham is covered with mustard, coat it with brown sugar. Again, you may need more/less depending on size..
- Secure the pineapple rings on the ham using toothpicks. I like to break the toothpicks in half for each ring..
- Cover the ham lightly with aluminum foil and bake according to weight. Typically it's 15-20 min per 1 lb of ham. For a 10 lb ham, it'll take 2.5-3 hours..
- Once finished cooking, remove the toothpicks and pineapples before cutting..
- I like to pour the juice in the pan on top of the sliced ham. I also serve it with the cooked pineapples on the side..
We love serving it for Christmas dinner or Thanksgiving dinner. The best part about this recipe is the delicious glaze on top. Baked ham is the perfect dish for a special occasion or Sunday dinner. Try these exceptional baked ham recipes from Food Network chefs like Ina Garten, Trisha Yearwood and Melissa d'Arabian. Heat the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and soda in a small saucepan until bubbly.