Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. The Taste You'll Love To Serve With Classico Pasta Recipes. Taste Delicious, Italian-Inspired Pasta Recipes From Classico. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt generously.
This classic Italian dish includes fettuccine tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese, and it's quick and easy to make. S. versions of the dish may include chicken or shrimp. With three simple steps in our chicken alfredo recipe, you'll have a hearty din Meanwhile, in. a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. You can make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo using 23 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- You need of For the chicken:.
- You need 2 of large chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of pink salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of Fettuccine:.
- It’s of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of pink salt.
- You need 12 oz of fettuccine.
- Prepare of Alfredo sauce:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper; more to taste.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of For garnish:.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese and or parsley.
Gradually add the half-and-half, peas and cheese. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Bring the water and salt to a rolling boil in a large stock pot. Drop in the fettuccine and stir gently with a wooden spoon or fork for a few moments to prevent strands from sticking.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo instructions
- Preparing the chicken: Use a sharp knife to slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, to create a thin cutlet. Start at the thick edge of the chicken breast. See photos. You should end up with 4 thin pieces of chicken that are the same shape as a chicken breast, just thinner..
- In a small bowl, combine 1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika. Pat the chicken with paper towels on both sides until it is very dry. Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the chicken on both sides, and rub in..
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat for at least 3 minutes. When it is hot, add 2 tablespoons oil. Swirl to coat. The oil should shimmer right away..
- Carefully place the chicken in the pan..
- Once all the chicken is in the pan, lower the heat to medium. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes. If you try to flip the chicken and it sticks to the pan, it's not ready to turn..
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and swirl the pan as it melts. (The butter helps the chicken to brown, and brings flavor.) Cook the chicken on the second side for about 2 minutes, until the other side is a deep golden brown and a meat thermometer registers 160F. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Leave all juices in the pan..
- Cook the fettuccine..
- Add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When it is at a rolling boil, add 12 ounces of fettuccine. Stir occasionally so the noodles don't stick to each other. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the noodles are al dente. Drain the noodles, but be sure to SAVE about a cup of the pasta water. Set it aside in a small bowl. Then add a drizzle of olive oil to the noodles and stir so that they don't stick to each other. Set aside..
- Make the alfredo sauce: In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, add 3/4 cup butter (1 and 1/2 sticks) over medium heat. Let it melt and bubble a bit (don't let it brown), then add 5 cloves of smashed and minced garlic. Saute the garlic for 1 minute until fragrant..
- Slowly add 2 cups of cream while stirring. Take your time. Add 1 and 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg..
- Let the cream mixture cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until you see gentle bubbles on the side of the pan. Do not bring to a full boil; your sauce will break (meaning it will look curdled instead of smooth). Lower the heat to medium low..
- Add your parmesan cheese..
- Add the cheese to the sauce just a few tablespoons at a time. Sprinkle some in and stir for a bit to help it melt, then add a bit more cheese, stir, etc. This will help the cheese to melt more thoroughly, making a smooth sauce..
- Once all the cheese is added in, taste the sauce and adjust seasonings as you like..
- Add the noodles in batches so that it all gets coated well in sauce. Add in about 1/3, stir to coat, the next 1/3, and so on..
- Use a knife to cut chicken. You can either plate the pasta and arrange the chicken on top to serve, or add the chicken to the pasta in the pan and stir it all together..
- NOTE!: you have a wait a few minutes before serving, keep the heat on low and cover. The sauce will continue to thicken as it sits, so to loosen it just before serving, add the reserved pasta water a couple tablespoons at a time, stirring well..
- Took that presentation picture to late. Whole family gobbled it up to fast lol!.
Meanwhile, thinly slice chicken breast into strips and season all over with salt and pepper. Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Add olive oil to a cast-iron grill pan over high heat. Cook chicken breasts until golden on first side, then flip over. Oh, chicken alfredo: It's the classic pasta we just can't seem to get enough of.