Tony's Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti at Tony's Pizza & Pasta Restaurant "This place is a hidden gem! We stopped by after finding this restaurant on Yelp and I'm glad we did. Product price: Additional options total: Baked Ziti at Tony's Pizza "The telephone number on Yelp was incorrect.
Rolled sheets of pasta stuffed with Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese covered in Marinara and herbs under a melted blanket of Mozzarella. Tony's Pizza and Pasta is a family owned restaurant serving the Lake Highlands area for. Love the baked ziti and pizza. You can make Tony's Baked Ziti using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Tony's Baked Ziti
- You need of Pasta.
- You need 1 lb of ziti.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s of Red Sauce.
- You need 1 lb of sausage.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic (medium), diced.
- You need 1 oz of fresh spinach leaves, shredded.
- You need 2 oz of feta cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tsp dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 (28 oz) of cans of San Marzano tomatoes, removed and diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh basil (chopped).
- Prepare of White Sauce.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese spread.
- It’s 15 oz of ricotta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 oz of parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1 oz of parmesan cheese (shredded).
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh basil (shredded).
Very good service always friendly and accommodating. Spoon half of the ziti into a casserole dish. Spread the ricotta over the top of the ziti. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and rest of grated cheese.
Tony's Baked Ziti step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring 4 quarts water to roiling boil. Add 1 lb ziti and salt to water and boil for 10 minutes..
- Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside..
- Brown sausage and diced garlic over medium heat until fully cooked..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add spinach until wilted, and toss with feta cheese..
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, dried basil, thyme, chopped canned tomatoes and pasta water..
- Cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes..
- While red sauce is simmering, in a large mixing bowl combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan until well mixed..
- When red sauce is finished cooking, add 2 cups of red sauce to white sauce and mix. After mixing, reserve 1 cup of red-white sauce in separate bowl..
- Add pasta to large mixing bowl and mix..
- Pour pasta into baking dish. Layer on red-white sauce, red sauce, mozzarella and cheese..
- Bake for 23 minutes..
- Broil for 2 minutes on high..
- Remove from oven and add shredded parmesan cheese. Allow to cool for 5 – 7 minutes and serve..
- Garnish with fresh basil..
Top with remaining ziti and rest of sauce (it will be almost overflowing) sprinkle with more grated cheese. Tony's II Pizzeria is a pizza restaurant in Sebring, FL, that serves quality brick oven pizza s and gluten-free pizza s. We do not take shortcuts in our kitchen—everything is made daily to order with hand-stretched dough, homemade tomato sauce, and fresh ingredients sourced from local farmers' markets in the area. Meals were mostly prepared by Carmela, Tony's wife. Bread and a green salad were staples, along with a rotating menu of pasta featuring macaroni with marinara or Bolognese sauce, lasagna, manicotti, or eggplant.