Wagyu Beef Irish Stew.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Irish Stew
- Prepare 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef for Stewing.
- You need 3 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- You need 3 TBSP of Butter.
- You need 1 of Large Yellow Onion (medium diced).
- It’s 6 SLICE of Thick Bacon (cut into 1/4 inch pieces).
- It’s 4 of Large Carrots (peeled and medium diced).
- Prepare 3 STALK of Celery (medium diced).
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Tomato Paste.
- You need 12 OZ of Guinness Beer.
- Prepare 6 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- You need 1 LB of Yukon Gold Potatoes (medium diced).
- You need 2 QT of Beef Stock.
- It’s 3 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 TSP of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 6 SPRIG of Thyme.
- It’s 1/4 CUP of Parsley (minced).
- You need of For Serving.
- It’s 1 of Crusty Baguette (sliced).
Wagyu Beef Irish Stew step by step
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in the grapeseed oil and the butter. Season the beef with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add in the Fullblood Wagyu beef stew meat. Sear the beef on all sides for about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the beef from the pan, and reserve..
- PREPARING THE IRISH STEW Keep the pan over medium-high heat. Add in the diced yellow onion and bacon pieces. Cook for 5-7 minutes, while stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and the bacon is starting to crisp. Add in the diced carrots and celery. Cook, while stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Once the carrots start to soften, add in the tomato paste. Cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, while stirring constantly, until the tomato paste starts to caramelize..
- Add in Guinness beer, and reduce down for 5 minutes. Once the Guinness beer is reduced down, add the seared Fullblood Wagyu beef back to the Dutch oven. Add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, diced potatoes, minced garlic, 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, and sprigs of thyme to the Dutch oven. Bring the pot up to a simmer, and reduce the heat to low. Cover the Dutch oven, and simmer on low for 2 1/2 hours..
- Once the Irish stew with Fullblood Wagyu beef has simmered for 2 1/2 hours, remove the lid. Cook for an additional 30 minutes to reduce. Remove the thyme stems (discard), and fold in the minced parsley. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper..
- FINAL STEPS Divide the Irish stew with Fullblood Wagyu beef between bowls. Slice up your crusty baguette.Serve the stew warm with the baguette slices, and enjoy!.