Corn & Avocado Salad (VG, VEG). The leafy stalk of the plant produces pollen inflorescences and separate ovuliferous inflorescences called ears that yield kernels or seeds, which. Corn is rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect your cells from damage and wards off diseases like cancer and heart disease. Yellow corn is a good source of the carotenoids lutein and.
If a corn or callus becomes very painful or inflamed, see your doctor. If you have diabetes or poor blood flow, call your doctor before self-treating a corn or callus because even a minor injury to your foot can lead to an infected open sore (ulcer). Pressure and friction from repetitive actions cause corns and calluses to develop and grow. corn, (Zea mays), also called Indian corn or maize, cereal plant of the grass family and its edible grain. You can have Corn & Avocado Salad (VG, VEG) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn & Avocado Salad (VG, VEG)
- Prepare of The Salad.
- Prepare 3 of – Sweet raw Corn cobs.
- Prepare 1 of – Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of – Big handful of Flat Leaf Parsley.
- Prepare 1 of – Large Garlic clove.
- You need 1/2 of – Medium Spanish Onion.
- You need 1 of – TBLS of Nuttlex (vegan butter).
- It’s of The Dressing.
- It’s 1 of – TBLS of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Juice from 1 & a half small Lemons/Limes.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
The domesticated crop originated in the Americas and is one of the most widely distributed of the world's food crops. Corn is used as livestock feed, as human food, as biofuel, and as raw material in industry. Corn was first domesticated by native peoples in. However, corn germ, an abundant side-product of corn milling, is rich in fat and used to make corn oil, which is a.
Corn & Avocado Salad (VG, VEG) instructions
- THE SALAD: Boil Corn till cooked – Set aside on paper towel. In a pan add the butter with a dash of the Olive Oil (save the rest for later), wait till u hear a soft sizzling noise then add the Corn turning only once golden. Set aside on a paper towel and let it cool down completely..
- Finely chop the Garlic, then add the remaining Olive Oil back to your pan and get that oil hot. Once sizzling add the Garlic and fry till a light golden colour (this will take only 2-3min). Take pan off heat and with a fork remove the Garlic from the oil onto a paper towel. Transfer the Olive Oil used to fry Garlic to a small container. The rest of the now infused Olive Oil will become part of the dressing..
- Finely slice/dice the Spanish Onions, add to your mixing bowl..
- Once Corn is cold remove the kernels using a knife, add to mixing bowl..
- Add the cooled fried Garlic to your mixing bowl..
- Using a knife gently carve some square into one half of the Avocado and then grab your spookn and scoop it out directly I to your mixing bowl repeat process to the other half of your Avocado..
- THE DRESSING Squeeze the lemons over a seive directly into the container holding the infused Garlic Olive Oil. Add a generous amount of Salt & Pepper. Pop a lid on your container and shake until dressing combined..
- Add dressing to your mixing bowl and gently stir everything through evenly..
- Check your seasoning, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately!.
- EXTRA HINTS: This great dish would pair up famously with Spanish, Portuguese, South American & Mexican dishes. You could add some goats cheese or fetta to amp up this dish. Diced Callipo Mango would also give this Salad a nice kick!.
Corn season is now in full swing. Enjoy this scrumptious veggie in every type of dish from breakfast to salads to side dishes. The toughest decision you'll need to make is choosing which recipe. Corn Side Dishes. one corn muffin. Cornbread on a cooling rack with a cut wedge in the foreground.