Un-Fried Rice Balls "Arancini" by Rocco Dispirito pg. 72.
You can have Un-Fried Rice Balls "Arancini" by Rocco Dispirito pg. 72 using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Un-Fried Rice Balls "Arancini" by Rocco Dispirito pg. 72
- You need 1/2 cup of short -grain brown rice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of saffron threads salt.
- Prepare 10 of fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- You need 1/2 ounce of Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated.
- Prepare of freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 ounces of fresh mozzarella.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 2 of large egg whites, whisked until foamy.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole weak panko bread crumbs, such as Ians All Natural.
- You need 1/4 cup of no sugar added marinara sauce, such as Trader Joe's.
Un-Fried Rice Balls "Arancini" by Rocco Dispirito pg. 72 instructions
- PREHEAT oven to 375°.
- PUT the rice in a blender, food processor, or coffee grinder and pulse the machine on and off in 2-second intevrals until the rice is broken up into pieces about half of their original size..
- PUT the rice into a 2-quart saucepot and add 1 1/4 cups water and add the saffron. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium, season very lightly with sal, cover, and cook until all the liquid is absored, about 15 minutes.
- SCRAPE the rice into a stainless steel mixing bowl using a rubber spatula and the basil and Parmigiano; season with salt and pepper. Place in the freezer to cool for about 4 minutes..
- CUT the mozzarella into 12 equal bite-size nuggets. Remove the rice mixture from the freezer and form into 12 equal-size loose balls. Next take each ball and gently push a piece back into a right ball, sealing in the mozzarella entirely. Repeat with the rest of the rice and mozzarella and place the balls in the freezer again to tighten up for about 2 minutes..