Broccoli Beef. In a small bowl, combine flour, broth, sugar, and soy sauce. Stir until sugar and flour are dissolved. Stir in broth mixture, ginger, garlic, and broccoli.
Ingredients of Broccoli Beef
- You need 1 lb of beef thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic smashed.
- Prepare 1 of small onion sliced.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli florets.
- You need 3 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Toasted sesame seeds (optional).
Add the sauce and broccoli and bring to a boil. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil, until sauce has thickened. Add the beef back into the mixture, and serve over rice with sesame seeds, if desired.
Broccoli Beef instructions
- Saute beef slices til slightly browned with onion and garlic..
- Add oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix until meat is coated with the sauce..
- Add water and bring to a boil..
- Add broccoli and simmer for 5 mins depending on your vegetable cooking preference. (Some may like it half cooked).
- Serve hot, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!.
Next, add the garlic, ginger, and scallion whites. Return the reserved beef and broccoli to the pan, along with the reserved sauce and scallion greens. Toss in the blanched broccoli and seared beef (along with any juices). Mix everything together over medium heat until the sauce coats the beef and broccoli. If the sauce seems thin, turn up the heat and reduce it further, or add a bit more cornstarch slurry.