French Home Apple Tart.
You can make French Home Apple Tart using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of French Home Apple Tart
- You need of Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 cup of unbleached white flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s 2 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 4 of large Granny Smith apples or any available apples, peeled, quartered, cored and cut into thin slices.
- You need 1 of recipe for crème pâtissière, opt..
- It’s of apple sauce, opt..
- Prepare of brown sugar.
French Home Apple Tart instructions
- Mix flours and salt.
- Cut in butter into flour in very small pieces. Mix well and finish with (clean) fingers in order to obtain the appearance of crumbs..
- Add water, a little at a time, and stop when play-dough consistency is achieved..
- Cover the bowl with plate or towel, and let sit for an hour if possible..
- Roll out the dough. Use an oiled tart dish if available. A pie dish will do, but you will need creme pâtissière or apple sauce at the bottom since the tart will be deeper..
- Opt: Pour 1/2" crème pâtissière or apple sauce at the bottom. Arrange the apple slices on top, from the outer edges toward the center, cutting the slices in halves to finish up. I filled in any gap with small pieces..
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on top..
- Bake at 380°F , 45 min to an hour, until golden-brown..