Irish beef stew.
Ingredients of Irish beef stew
- You need 1 lb of or more filet tips bite size.
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced baby Bella and 8 oz slice white mushroom.
- It’s Half of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of carrots cut on the bius.
- You need 3-4 of medium garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cabernet.
- It’s 1 bottle of Guinness.
- It’s 32 oz of beef stock.
- Prepare 3 of rosemary sprigs.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Worcester.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
Irish beef stew instructions
- Add oil to the pot and sear you filet for until you create a good fond on the bottom and remove.
- Add onion and a pat of butter and start to caramelize scraping up the fond. Once they are browning add the garlic until fragrant..
- Add all the mushrooms and a couple more pats of butter along with a few pinches of salt and sauté the mushrooms until they start to brown. Add the tomato paste and cook that out for a few minutes and then add the red wine and simmer high until the wine is mostly gone..
- Add the flour and cook it out for a few minutes.
- Start by adding your Guinness and burn the alcohol off for a few minutes then add the beef stock and a few dashes of Worcester.
- Add the bay leaves, rosemary sprigs and a tsp of cracked black pepper and a few more pinches of salt and simmer for about 30 minutes then add the carrots and beef back to the pot and simmer for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until it becomes thick and silky, serve over Irish mashed potatoes..