Ingredients of ‘Pierogi’ Gyoza
- You need 40-50 of Gyoza Skins.
- Prepare 3-4 of Potatoes *500 to 600g.
- Prepare 125 g of Cheddar Cheese (Tasty Cheese) *grated, or cut into thin small pieces.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s 100 g of Bacon *cut into small pieces.
- You need 8-10 of Mushrooms *sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Canola Oil OR Butter.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
‘Pierogi’ Gyoza instructions
- Peel Potatoes and cut into small pieces. Cook in salted water until tender..
- While Potatoes are cooking, heat Oil (or Butter) in a frying pan over a medium heat, cook Onion, Garlic, Bacon and Mushrooms until cooked..
- Drain the Potatoes, place them back in the saucepan or pot, and mash them. Add Cheese and mix well, then add the Onion, Mushrooms and Bacon mixture and combine well. Season with Salt & Pepper to taste..
- The filling needs to cool down to handle, so set it aside. Get Gyoza Skins, a small bowl of Water and some plates ready..
- Wet the edges of Gyoza skin with water. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of the filling mixture on the centre and fold in half to enclose the filling. Press edges together to seal. Using a fork, press edges making decorative marks if you like. Repeat the process..
- Cook ‘Pierogi’ Gyoza in boiling water with a little bit of Oil, or you can cook them just like cooking Gyoza, but I recommend to use a non-stick pan..
- If you boil, do not cook too many at once. After they rise up to the surface, transfer into a colander to drain excess water..