Chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese. A simple stuffed chicken breast with spinach, goat cheese and walnuts. As a side I made shiitake, and baby bella mushrooms using the remaining sauce as a gravy. Spinach + Creamy Goat Cheese Hasselback Chicken- I you!
The rich, sharp flavor of goat cheese blends perfectly with the sweet richness of shallots. Remove from the heat and stir in the goat cheese, salt, and pepper. Here I've stuffed the chicken with goat cheese and spinach, but you can substitute Chopped Roasted Tomatoes ( this recipe can be found in the book), or any filling you like. You can make Chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese
- You need 2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic clove (minced).
- You need 1/2 bunch of Spinach, hard stems removed.
- You need 2 of (6 oz) thick chicken breast, skinless and boneless.
- Prepare 2 oz of Low-fat goat cheese (crumbled is great).
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
Avoid buying boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces if poissible. Dredge chicken in flour and brown on all. This goat cheese stuffed chicken is deliciously comforting without being too heavy. The filling may well come out a bit but don't worry, it will still be delicious.
Chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese step by step
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- In large skillet cook oil and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts and water evaporates. (about 2-4 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to plate. Towel out skillet.
- Remove excess fat from chicken and butterfly cut it. Evenly fill with spinach and cheese. Then seal the chicken.
- Season outside with salt and pepper..
- Transfer to baking dish and cook for 25 min, broil on high for a few minutes before taking out of the oven.
This goat cheese stuffed chicken with spinach and cranberries has that wonderful balance of comforting flavor but without being too heavy. Stuff each slit with spinach/goat cheese mixture. Goat cheese & spinach stuffed chicken breast make an amazing low carb and keto-friendly dinner! These baked chicken breasts are easily cut 'hasselback style' then stuffed with creamy cheese + nutritious spinach and served with caramelized onions and mushrooms for the ultimate healthy dinner! Dress up a basic chicken breast by stuffing with an herb and goat cheese mixture.