Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce. Stir in cut-up broccoli and add water. Re-add beef to pan and combine well. Add sauce to mixture and bring to boil.
Meanwhile, whisk the sherry, chicken broth, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a measuring cup. Steps: Heat a wok until smoking, pour in the oil then add beef. Add broccoli with a splash of water then cook until broccoli turns bright green. You can have Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
- Prepare 100 grams of Beef Strips.
- Prepare 100 grams of Broccoli.
- It’s 20 grams of Button Mushroom.
- It’s 5 cloves (20 grams) of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 piece (50 grams) of White Onion.
- Prepare 1 piece (30 grams) of Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
The beef and broccoli of my youth, I must say, was pretty special. I grew up in New York and Boston, both of which have seriously good Chinatowns and many restaurants specializing in the Chinese-American, Cantonese-derived dishes popular in food courts across the country. Beef and broccoli is one of the most popular, and with good reason. Make the sauce mixture by mixing together the chicken stock, sugar, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper.
Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce step by step
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS: Cut the beef strips into pieces. Cut the broccoli into pieces. Slice the button mushroom. Chop the garlic. Cut the red bell pepper into strips. Slice the onions. ©homebasedchef.
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Sauté the chopped garlic in olive oil. Add the sliced button mushroom and stir. Add the sliced beef strips and cook until it turns light brown in color. We are using beef gyudon strips in this video but you can use any cut/part of the beef for as long as it is sliced thinly..
- Add the sliced red bell pepper and broccoli flowers and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp of butter for additional flavor and stir..
- Add a little amount of water around 1-2 tablespoons to wet the pan and the oyster sauce for flavoring and then mix well. Add the sliced white onions. We wanted to retain its crunch that's why we're added it last. Mix well to blend everything together..
- Cook for a few more minutes and you're done! This can be served as it is or with steamed white rice. ENJOY!.
Whisk together the oyster sauce, beef broth, cornstarch and fresh garlic until smooth. Add broccoli with a splash of water then cook until broccoli turns bright green. Blanch Chinese broccoli until the water boils once again. In a small bowl, mix oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil together. Beef Stir Fry With Broccoli & Oyster Sauce (Chinese Style Cooking Recipe)Welcome to Xiao's Kitchen.