Classic Beef Rib Roast. Season the beef with the black pepper. Place the beef into a roasting pan, rib-side down. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
Ingredients of Classic Beef Rib Roast
- You need 6 of to 8Pound well trimmed beef rib roast (2 to 4 ribs) small end chine (back) bone removed.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- You need 6 large of cloves garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cracked black pepper.
Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly into surface of beef roast. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover.
Classic Beef Rib Roast step by step
- Heat oven to 350. Combine seasoning ingredients,press evenly into surfice of beef roast. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast, not resting in fat or touching bone DO NOT ADD WATER OR COVER. Roast in approx. 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness..
- Remove roast when meat thermommeter registers 135°F for medium rare 150°F medium doneness. Thansfer roast to caring board;tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 min (The tempersture will continue to rise to 145°F for medium rare, 160°F for medium ).
- Carve into slices; season with salt as desired.
Add the red wine, thyme sprigs, chopped garlic, beef broth, and bay leaf to pan; bring to a simmer. Heat oil in stock pot over medium heat until hot. Place roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Combine broth, tomato paste and thyme in stock pot; whisk in reserved flour mixture. Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly into surface of beef roast.