Fettuccine Alfredo. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt.
In Italy, it's also known as fettuccine al burro, fettuccine burro e parmigiano, or pasta in bianco. If this fettuccine recipe has inspired you to try more, you'll find more in Betty's best alfredo recipes collection. Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most basic and delicious pasta recipes EVER—and it couldn't be easier to make! You can make Fettuccine Alfredo using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Fettuccine Alfredo
- Prepare 16 ounces of fettuccine.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese, 2 cups and a 1/2 cup.
- You need 2 ounces of cream cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 12 ounces of Grilled chicken or shrimp (Optional).
Our recipe is a little untraditional (there's heavy cream) but it's just as easy. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan or skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Fettuccine Alfredo instructions
- Cook the Fettuccine according to package directions..
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat..
- Add the finely chopped garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Do not brown..
- Stir in flour..
- Slowly add the milk and cream stirring with a whisk..
- Simmering lightly Cook 15 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or high temperature spatula..
- Add 2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and kosher salt. Stir with a wooden spoon or high temperature spatula while cheeses melt..
- Mix the sauce with the hot pasta, and add in the remaining remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan,chopped parsley and ground black pepper..
- We added 12 ounces of grilled chicken as we tossed the hot pasta in step 8 and we also have used grilled shrimp. :).
Grate Parmesan cheese and place half of it into a large serving bowl. Pour warm butter/cream mixture over the top. Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl. Fettuccine Alfredo has most certainly been eaten more in the States than in Italy since then. The dish is used as the base for many different versions, topped with shrimp, broccoli, asparagus, and more.