Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the skillet from the heat. Flaky apple turnovers with a flavorful chai glaze.
Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers Fiona @ Free From Favourites @freefromfavourites Edinburgh, Scotland. Place the diced apples, spices and water in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook until the apples are soft, you might need to add some more water. You can have Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers
- Prepare of For the pastry:.
- It’s 120 g of dairy free spread.
- It’s 300 g of gluten free plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of caster sugar.
- It’s 120 ml of cold water.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 6 of apples (I used Pink Lady) peeled and sliced.
- You need 50 grams of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 50 ml of water.
- It’s of Other:.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of icing sugar.
Gluten and Dairy Free Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers. Gluten and Dairy Free Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers. Gluten & Dairy Free Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers. A light flaky pastry filled with spiced apples.
Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers instructions
- Weigh out the dairy free spread and then place in the freezer for 15 minutes to make sure it is really cold Cut into cubes Place the flour, caster sugar and dairy free spread in a food processor.
- Pulse about 5 times so the dairy free spread is broken up but still visible Turn the food processor on so it is running on a low setting Gradually pour in the cold water.
- Scoop into a ball, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for an hour (it will stay fresh in the fridge for about 5 days in case you want to make in advance).
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC Roll out until the dough is about 5mm thick Cut into 4 equal sized squares.
- Place the diced apples, spices and water in a saucepan over a medium heat Cook until the apples are soft, you might need to add some more water.
- Spread the cooled apples onto each diagonal pastry slices leaving about 1cm of space around the edge of the pastry, this stops the filling leaking everywhere when you bake the pastries Fold each pastry in half diagonally so you have four triangular pastries Seal the edges by pressing down with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper Brush the pastries with the beaten egg and sprinkle on a little extra sugar and cinnamon if you like.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.
For the pastry: Apple turnovers feel fancy, but they are easy to make. With fall in full swing, the flavors of spiced chai shine through in this chai apple turnover recipe. IN THE BOX:: Pie Dou Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers. Puff pastry encloses a filling of apples cooked until tender with a combination of aromatic spices, dries cranberries and walnuts. Baked to a golden perfection and drizzled with a spiced sugar mixture, these turnovers are out-of-this world!