Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie.
You can make Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie
- It’s 2 of Large Baked Sweet Potatoes.
- It’s 2 of Large Zucchini.
- It’s 2 of Celery stalks.
- You need 1 package of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 Pound of Ground Beef.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Basil.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded provolone and mozzarella cheese mixture.
Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie instructions
- Wash all the veggies and drain..
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a large casserole pan..
- Peel and slice two large baked potatoes. Set these aside in a bowl for the topping..
- Slice the top and bottom edges off the zucchini and discard. Slice the zucchini into quarters and then slice them into 1/4" pieces. Place these in a separate bowl from the sweet potatoes..
- Slice the rough top and bottom off the celery and discard. Cut the celery in half and the cut into 1/4" pieces. Place these in a bowl..
- Slice the mushrooms in half and the slice them into 1/4" pieces. Place these in the bowl with the celery..
- In a large skillet, brown the beef until it is pink in the middle. Making certain to chop the pieces while browning the meat. Drain the grease if there is any..
- Add mushrooms and celery to the skillet for 5 minutes and sauté..
- Add the zucchini and the seasonings to the ground beef mixture. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes..
- Place all of the ground beef mixture, veggies and seasonings into the prepared casserole dish. Drizzle the water over the mixture..
- Placed sweet potato slices over the mixture and cover with foil..
- Bake in the 350 oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10 more minutes..