Ingredients of Baked Donuts
- It’s 100 ml of warm milk.
- Prepare 50 g of fresh yeast (or 14 g of instant yeast).
- You need 370 g of wheat flour (cake or yeast).
- You need 50 g of sugar.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 170 g of soft butter.
- It’s 1 of egg for spreading.
- Prepare 300 g of marmalade.
- It’s 20 of paper cups (like for muffins) with a diameter of 5 cm measured on the bottom.
- It’s 1 of thin glass or metal ring for cutting cookies with a diameter of 7.5 cm.
Baked Donuts step by step
- Remove the fresh yeast a bit earlier from the refrigerator to make it warmer. Then mix warm milk, crushed yeast, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour. Leave to rise for about 10 minutes covered with a cloth..
- Put the rest of the flour in a large bowl, add sugar, salt and mix. Then pour the yeast mixture and start mixing the ingredients with a spoon. Add the eggs and mix again, then knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough is smooth..
- Now keep adding soft butter, piece by piece, all the time kneading the dough for about 10 minutes, until it is flexible and shiny (don't worry if it's sticky). Cover the bowl with the dough with a cloth and set aside for 1 hour to rise..
- Put the dough on a pastry board sprinkled with flour. Knead for a moment to get rid of the air bubbles. Join in one part, then spread the dough with your hands on the board (about 1 cm thick)..
- Use a glass or rim to cut 15-20 circles. Flatten them a bit in your hand, put a full teaspoon of marmalade on the center. Fold the cricles in half, stick the edges, form a ball and put it in the paper cup (with the bond facing the bottom)..
- Place on a baking tray and let stand for about 1/2 hour to rise. Preheat oven to 180C (360F)..
- Cover the top of the donuts with a beaten egg previously heated at room temperature and put in the oven. Bake for approx. 15 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, cool for about 15 minutes, then coat with frosting or confectioner's sugar..