Standing Rib Roast with Aioli. Place beef on a rack set inside a roasting pan. Place beef on a rack set inside a roasting pan. Let the roast stand at room temperature for at least an hour.
Season the beef with the black pepper. Place the beef into a roasting pan, rib-side down. Soften butter, then stir in rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme to create a garlic butter paste. You can have Standing Rib Roast with Aioli using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Standing Rib Roast with Aioli
- Prepare 1 of Shoulder end 4-bone standing beef rib-eye roast (dry-aged), chine bone removed..
- Prepare 1 of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Ground Pepper.
- It’s 2 large of Egg Yolks.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic (finely grated).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grapeseed Oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil.
Rub the paste all over the prime rib roast and wrap aluminum foil around all exposed rib bones. Place the roast in the center of a roasting pan with a rack. How to make standing rib roast. The high temperature creates a crust quickly, sealing the juices in.
Standing Rib Roast with Aioli step by step
- Generously season beef with salt and pepper. Wrap tightly in plastic and chill at least one day..
- Let beef sit at room temperature for 2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Place beef on rack in roasting pan..
- Roast at 400*F for 35-40 mins. Should be nicely brown..
- Reduce oven temp to 275*F and continue roasting until thermometer reads 115*F at thickest part (Medium Rare). Approx. 1 to 1.5 hours later..
- Allow roast to set for at least 30 mins. on a cutting board with ribs pointing up..
- Whisk egg yolks and garlic in a medium bowl..
- While whisking add grapeseed oil drop by drop at first, adding one tablespoon of lemon juice by the teaspoonful as aioli thickens..
- Gradually add in olive oil, adding water by the teaspoonful if aioli gets too thick. Season with salt and chill..
- Cut meat off bone, following the curve of the ribs and thinly slice..
Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and garlic in a medium bowl. This impressive cut of beef is melt in your mouth tender and juicy served with homemade Au Jus for dipping. Roasting at a low heat will evenly cook the standing rib roast so that most of the roast will be at the desired temperature. This small batch recipe for two makes a great lunch, dinner or impressive date night meal. Place onions, carrots and celery in a large roasting pan; place roast over vegetables.