Broccoli Cheese Soup. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. Reduce heat, and stir in cheese cubes until melted. Mix in milk and garlic powder.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Prepare 2 small of onions.
- It’s 2 head of of broccoli chopped into small pieces.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots chopped into small pieces.
- It’s 1 of Oil or butter (enough to saute veggies).
- It’s 4 cup of Warm milk.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter.
- You need 3 cup of Shredded cheese (I like sharp cheddar).
- You need 4 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 of as needed Salt/pepper.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the flour. Mix in the chicken stock and milk, and season with salt and white pepper. For anyone who loves baked potatoes or broccoli-cheese soup, this is the best of both worlds. Then everyone is happy, carnivore or not!
Broccoli Cheese Soup step by step
- Add onions, garlic and carrots and saute until tender. Then add broccoli and saute for another minute. Add your chicken stock and cover pot and boil for about 10mins (until broccoli is tender) – this is also a good time to warm your milk.
- In another pot melt butter and add flour to make a roux. Cook for about 2mins then add warm milk and whisk until mixture thickens. Add your salt and pepper.
- As soon as the roux thickens add the mixture to your veggies and stir. Add your shredded cheese. I also add salt and pepper at this time if needed.
- Sometimes my soup is still a bit loose then what I would like so I make a mixture of flour and cold water and add to the soup to thicken up. Or you can keep it as is.
- Keep the pot on low and let simmer for about 15-20 mins. Enjoy:).
Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Drain, remove vegetables and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add flour and stir to make smooth paste. Gradually add chicken broth and milk.