Baked ziti. Cook the ziti until not quite al dente. Boil ziti, following package directions, drain and place in a large bowl. Mix all the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella with the ziti.
Pour remaining sauce on top of ziti. Baked ziti is classic Italian-American comfort food! Bake ziti pasta with sausage, tomato sauce, and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. You can have Baked ziti using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Baked ziti
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of mild italian sausage.
- It’s 1 can (24 oz) of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (diced).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 16 oz. of mozzerella (shredded).
- Prepare 16 oz. of rotelle pasta.
- Prepare of Salt/pepper.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
This easy baked ziti recipe is always a hit! Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish. It's basically some kind of tomato or meat sauce baked in a dish with some kind of cheese and, of course, ziti noodles—unless you're me, then you use mostaciolli noodles. Some people just use tomato/marinara sauce.
Baked ziti instructions
- Bring pan of water to boil. Add salt and pasta..cook until they have a little bit of chew to them still 8-10 min. Drain and return to pan..
- Brown sausage with a little bit of olive oil. Remove from pan..
- Add onion to drippings from sausage, saute. Add garlic just before onions are done..
- Add ground beef to onions and garlic, brown and then drain fat. Return to heat and add sausage and sauce. Let simmer.
- In baking dish coat bottom with sauce, add layer of cheese followed by a layer of pasta.. Repeat until all is used..top with a final layer of cheese and parm..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min. Cheese should be melted and slightly golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy!!!.
That, of course, would never fly in this house. Baked ziti can become dry for several reasons. When assembling the dish, be sure to cover the pasta with enough of the sauce so that the noodles don't dry out. Also, to prevent moisture from evaporating while cooking, cover the dish tightly with foil. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.