Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers. Leftover chicken and potatoes team up to make this tasty casserole. The combination comes together with a basic white sauce and vegetable mixture. Leftover chicken can become dry and a little blah but combining it with a creamy sauce and baking until bubbly gives it new life.
Rotisserie chicken and precooked rice (or leftover rice) are combined with easy-prep veggies and baked with a flour-thickened broth that This nostalgic dish evokes the Old School casseroles your grandmother used to make—but in easy mode to make it quick, delicious, and great for a weeknight. Here is how you cook that. Chicken breasts, rice, French onion soup mix, and cream of mushroom soup are all you need to make this easy chicken and rice casserole. You can have Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers
- You need 4 cups of packed leftover cold cooked rice.
- Prepare 3 cups of leftover cold cooked chicken.
- Prepare 1 of large can (22.6 oz) cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can (15.25 oz) of whole kernel corn, drained.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/4 of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Pepper, garlic and onion powders.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of Grated cheese of choice for top.
When I reheat the leftovers I put a little butter in it and it's wonderful!!! Is there anything more comforting than a chicken & rice casserole? I have issues with leftovers that look the same lol I prefer them to morph into something else. Stir in cooked rice, chicken, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and Mrs.
Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray or butter a medium sized casserole dish..
- In a large bow, combine the first 8 ingredients well. Pour into greased casserole and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes pull it out of the oven, crank the temp to 400, and remove foil. Add your grated cheese to the top and return to the oven uncovered for 15 minutes longer. Allow it to sit for a bit to thicken. I serve it with salad and garlic bread..
Portion leftovers and freeze to reheat later for a quick meal. What Is Chicken and Rice Casserole? Chicken breast swap: To use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you'll. How to Make Chicken and Rice Casserole. If you want to use up leftover cooked chicken, you This Chicken and Rice casserole, while not a traditional hot dish, does contain the requisite.