Caramel Apple Tart.
You can have Caramel Apple Tart using 16 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Tart
- Prepare of For the crust:.
- You need 40 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 25 grams of Powdered sugar.
- You need 15 grams of Egg.
- You need 80 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s of For the almond cream:.
- Prepare 40 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 35 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 40 grams of Egg.
- Prepare 40 grams of Almond flour.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- Prepare 2 of Apples.
- Prepare 15 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 25 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 dash of Rum.
- You need 1 of Apricot jam.
Caramel Apple Tart step by step
- Preliminaries: Butter (not listed in ingredients) the tart pan lightly and chill the pan in the refrigerator..
- Make the tart crust: Bring the butter to room temperature and whisk until it reaches a creamy consistency. Add the powdered sugar in 3 batches and mix well..
- Add the egg gradually and mix well with each addition. Add the sifted flour and gently combine with a rubber spatula..
- Bring the dough together and wrap in plastic wrap. Let it rest overnight in the refrigerator..
- Put the dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and roll it out 3mm thick. Line the chilled tart pan with the dough. Pierce the dough with a fork and chill in the refrigerator in the pan..
- Weight down the crust with pie weights, and bake for about 20 minutes in a 180℃ oven. Once the rim of the crust starts to brown lightly, remove the weights and bake the bottom crust for 7 minutes..
- Once the bottom starts to brown lightly, let it cool on a baking rack..
- Make the almond Cream: Bring the butter to room temperature and whisk until it reaches a creamy consistency. Add the powdered sugar in 3 batches and mix well with each addition..
- Add the egg gradually and mix well with each addition. Add the sifted almond flour and fold it in..
- Let the cream rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour. In the meantime, we will caramelize the apples..
- Make the apple filling: Peel the apples and cut into wedges. Soak in salt water and take them out immediately. Pat them completely dry with paper towels..
- Heat the unsalted butter in a frying pan. Once melted, add the granulated sugar. Once it turns brown, turn off the heat and add the apples..
- Saute the apples until they are lightly browned over low- medium heat. Sprinkle some rum in at the end. Do not let the apples burn, whatever you do..
- The sauteed apples will stick together once they cooled down, so spread them out in a single layer to cool..
- The rested almond cream will be cold and hardened, so soften it by mixing it well. Put the softened cream into the crust and smooth out the surface..
- Arrange the sauteed apples on top of the almond dream, and bake the tart for 50 minutes in a 180℃ oven. While it's still hot, brush the top with apricot jam which has been passed through a sieve to remove any solid bits..
- Once the tart has cooled down, remove it from the pan and brush on another layer of apricot jam. Optionally sprinkle some powdered sugar on the rim to make it look pretty..