Easiest Apple Turnovers. Classic apple turnovers are an easy fall treat everyone should make at least once. Of course, once you've tried them, they're sure to become a recipe you'll make over and over again. With their flaky puff pastry crust and spiced apple filling, these turnovers are like little grab-and-go apple pies.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain water from apples, and place them into the hot skillet. Pour into the skillet, and mix well. You can make Easiest Apple Turnovers using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easiest Apple Turnovers
- It’s 6 of square puff pastry sheets (I used Kawan Brand).
- You need 3 of green apples.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Egg Wash- 1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of cream/milk.
Transform store-bought puff pastry into a family favorite recipe for Easy Apple Turnovers. Homemade Apple Turnovers with a filling that tastes like Apple Pie in flaky puff pastry dough. Watch the video tutorial and you'll know just how easy these are. We love apple recipes like Baked Apples, or Apple Cake.
Easiest Apple Turnovers step by step
- Peel and chop green apples. In a saucepan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of the butter..
- Allow to melt, then add the chopped apples, and cook 5 minutes till softened..
- Once softened, add the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and cook another 3-5 minutes over low heat..
- Once done, set to cool. On a tray lined with silicon or parchment, lay the puff pastry sheets straight from the freezer, at least 3 inches apart.
- Brush the egg wash on the edges of the puff pastry and then add the apple mixture in the center. Fold over the pastry and crimp edges with a fork and then cut lines in the middle to release steam.
- Bake at 200c for 23 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- Mix icing sugar and cream together for glaze, then drizzle over warm apple turnovers before serving..
- Apples turnovers can be served with ice cream or even on their own with a cup of tea/coffee.
This is one of the easiest apple desserts and can even be made ahead and frozen. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cut remaining butter into thin slices. Starting at a short side of dough, arrange half of the butter slices over two-thirds of rectangle to. These Apple Turnovers are the Easiest!