Chicken avocado salad. The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This recipe is a world of contrasting flavors and textures, with crunchy cashews, creamy avocado, meaty bacon, and herbaceous dill. This recipe makes the chicken salad into a sandwich, but reviewers say it's also delicious over a bed of greens.
Ingredients of Chicken avocado salad
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 large of avocados.
- You need 1 medium of granny smith apple.
- Prepare 6 oz of sweet white corn (canned).
- It’s 6 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon pepper (to taste).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder (to taste).
- You need 4 tbsp of maricle whip.
- You need 4 slice of pita bread.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 stick of celery.
Take chicken salad to a new level with the addition of avocado. This naturally creamy chicken and avocado salad is healthy and contains no mayo or sour cream. Ever since I tried avocado in a grilled chicken sandwich, I can no longer have chicken without avocado. The creamy avocado compliments chicken so well and the addition ofContinue Reading Chicken Avocado Salad makes a great meal for one or as a side to share.
Chicken avocado salad step by step
- Grill chicken with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and season to your personal preference. Cover and cook throughly (about 20 minutes, depending on thickness of the breast).
- Dice apple, avocados and celery.
- Slightly shred chicken. Then place half of the diced apple into the pan with chicken, add water, mix, cover and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Place chicken and apples in bowl, cover and refrigerate till chilled (about an hour).
- Mix avocado, corn, celery and remaining apple in separate bowl, cover and refrigerate..
- Once chicken is cooled, dice or shred it then fold into avocado mixture. Add maricle whip and mix well..
- Spread on pita and enjoy!.
A bed of greens is topped with delicious marinated, grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes, cheese, avocados, and honey dijon dressing for a salad everyone will want to dig into. This easy, healthy avocado chicken salad recipe makes a light and refreshing lunch or dinner that's perfect for warmer temperatures. Instead of the traditional mayo-based salads, this chicken and avocado salad gets all of its creamy flavor, texture, and healthy fats from avocado. It's reminiscent of guacamole, and super quick to make. Healthy chicken salad is one of the easiest recipes to.