Vegetable Beef Soup. Mix beef broth and beef stew meat in a large pot over medium heat. Stir corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste with the beef. Soup from scratch requires making stock from bones, chopping vegetables and an all day simmer.
Add the water, barley, onion, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. The spice blend, after all, was designed for pumpkin pie, and the flavors that comprise it — cinnamon, clove, cardamom, nutmeg — pair well with fluffy, baked treats. For my first ever beef vegetable soup it actually came out pretty good. You can make Vegetable Beef Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Beef Soup
- Prepare 2 pound of roast.
- Prepare 1 of Soup Bone.
- You need of Beef short ribs small pack (optional).
- It’s 2-3 of beef bullion cubes or can of beef broth.
- Prepare 1-28 ounce of can of whole tomatoes.
- You need 1-2 of white potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of corn, peas, green beans.
- You need 1 of celery stalk.
- Prepare 2-3 of carrots.
- You need 1 of small head of cabbage.
I actually mixed this recipe with the recipe that my mom uses flower I mixed cornstarch and hot water and port a little bit of it into the soup mix and then I took the drippings from the beef tips and marinated the potatoes in that. This homemade vegetable beef soup recipe combines beef stew meat with traditional frozen vegetables to create a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy. Add the stew meat and thoroughly brown on all sides. Dump in all the other ingredients and stir well.
Vegetable Beef Soup instructions
- Put in soup pot: and boil till meat is done (2 hours or so) get about a 2 pound roast. soup bone beef short ribs (optional) small pack beef boulion cubes – two or three or can of beef broth cover with water. about 10 cups or so when done : take meat and bones out, when cool chunk up or pull meat apart ADD: we always use canned vegies but you can use frozen too.
- Big can of whole tomatoes.(squash with your hands and add sugar to it) about 2 TBSP (DON”T use HUNTS) grandma never did, she didn’t like it. dice up one or two white potatoes can of each of the following vegies, or two. whatever you like the most of. drain some of water out of can before adding to pot corn peas green beans celery stalk – one or two or any vegies you like slice up two or three carrots small head of cabbage – cut up small add to beef broth and cook for about another hour.
Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect cozy soup and such a good way to use up all those veggies stocked in the fridge! It's perfectly hearty and filling thanks to the tender chunks of protein-rich beef and abundance of nutritious vegetables. Plus it's a versatile recipe so feel free to replace veggies with others you may have on hand. So many beef soups are watery and dull. The thing that sets this beef soup recipe apart from the rest is the broth.