Raw Corn and Grapefruit Salad. Not only have I found out that grapefruit is good by itself, but its also great with other refreshing flavors. Combine it with summer corn, juicy tomatoes, ripe avo, fresh mint leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper and you got yourself the most refreshing summer salad in the history of mankind. Avocado and Grapefruit Salad with Mint-Dill Vinaigrette.
Ingredients of Raw Corn and Grapefruit Salad
- You need 2 of ears corn (raw).
- You need 1 of grapefruit.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
- Prepare 1 of Mixed Greens.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of vinegar.
- You need 1 of lemon (juiced).
- It’s 3 clove of garlic (minced or pressed).
- It’s 1 of honey.
- It’s 1 of mayonnaise (small amount, just to help bind).
It was developed by Chef Eric Dantis for THE NIBBLE. Mix corn kernels, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, onion, cilantro, and green onion together in a large bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Squeeze lime juice into the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Raw Corn and Grapefruit Salad instructions
- Wash and mix greens (I used one bag of baby romaine and 1 bag arugala mix). Cut corn off cob, chop, peel and cut up grapefruit (getting rid of most of the hard white inner skin), chop tomato's and avocado. Mix together..
- Mix dressing in separate container and either mix into salad or serve on side..
In a large serving bowl, combine the corn, tomato, green onion, cucumber, herbs (don't skimp on the herbs!), radishes, and jalapeño. In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and several twists of black pepper. Whisk until blended, then pour it over the salad. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob. Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.