Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Salad. Combine mozzarella, olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt in a small bowl. Season to taste with pepper and marinate while you prepare tomatoes. Slice each tomato crosswise, like an accordion.
The choice is yours, but remember to alternate ingredients as you go. Quick and easy tomato and mozzarella caprese salad is a fresh, light, and delicious summer salad. Made with just a few simple ingredients — crisp tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil — tossed together with a balsamic dressing that brings out all the vibrant flavors. You can have Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Salad using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Salad
- You need 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 10 slices of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 cup of fresh basil.
- Prepare of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
I make Caprese all the time. It is also MUCH better with a balsamic vinaigrette instead of just olive oil. I make this with olive oil from Frances Mays' estate and a wonderful quality balsamic from the vinegar store. Caprese Salad, or Tomato Mozzarella Salad, is a simple side dish made of juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil.
Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Salad step by step
- Cut tomato into 5 equal sized slices, reserving any leftover pieces. Then cut each slice in half so you have 10 pieces..
- Arrange alternate tomato and mozzarella slices on a plate creating a pinwheel effect..
- Dice the leftover tomato pieces and arrange in the center of the pinwheel. Surround with half of the basil leaves..
- Roll up the remaining basil leaves and slice finely, creating 'ribbons'..
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the salad, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with the basil ribbons..
Typically, it's seasoned simply with salt and pepper, a caprese salad recipe can include several twists to make it special. Caprese is truly a magical and perfect combination of flavors, textures, and freshness: ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, and some kind of drizzle of either olive oil or balsamic…or both. For this Caprese, I used a simple balsamic reduction, which results in a pretty presentation and gorgeous flavor. A Caprese salad—tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese—is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to show off peak-season Southern-grown tomatoes. Give this salad a fun new look by using a mix of multicolored cherry tomatoes and small fresh mozzarella balls (also called "bocconcini") tossed in a simple vinaigrette.