Baked Ziti with Meatballs and Sausage. That restaurant was our neighborhood watering hole where a bunch of us went to meet and greet almost daily. In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce and ricotta and mix well. Add the cooked ziti and meatballs and toss gently.
Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the mushrooms, plus any liquid, to the pan with the peppers and onions and remove from the heat. Cut each sausage link on the bias into four thick slices. You can make Baked Ziti with Meatballs and Sausage using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti with Meatballs and Sausage
- You need 1 pkg of thawed meatballs.
- Prepare 1 pkg of smoked sausage.
- You need 1 Tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 1-2 jars of spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 16 oz of pasta, cooked and drained.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
The meatballs in this easy baked ziti are flavorful and tender, with a combination of beef and Italian pork sausage. This just feels like the perfect meatball size to me. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place baking dish on prepared baking sheet. Stir together pasta, marinara sauce, meatballs, mushrooms, spinach, pepperoni, and orange juice in baking dish.
Baked Ziti with Meatballs and Sausage instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce, oregano, and Italian seasoning. Cook 5 minutes. Add meatballs and sausage. Turn down to LOW and simmer 5 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through. Add the sauce to the noodles. Pour into a 9X13 dish. Stir in the cheese leaving some for the top later. Bake 15 minutes. Add rest of cheese and melt, or top with Parmesan and serve..
Stir together the ricotta, egg, onion, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl until well combined. These Italian-seasoned meatballs are made with two parts ground beef and one part Italian sausage. Minced garlic, dried basil, and grated Parmesan cheese flavor the meatballs perfectly. The meatballs are baked or broiled, a method we think is much easier (and less messy) than frying. Place meatballs on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.