Vickys Spinach & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Rolls, GF DF EF SF NF.
Ingredients of Vickys Spinach & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Rolls, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 4 tbsp of oil, divided.
- Prepare 115 grams of mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 250 grams of fresh spinach.
- You need 250 grams of cream cheese, see my profile (vic20adamant) for a free-from recipe).
- Prepare 50 grams of grated cheddar cheese (I use Violife brand – gf, df, ef, sf).
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 8 of large boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of nutmeg or paprika for extra flavouring.
Vickys Spinach & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Rolls, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of the oil and gently fry off the onion and mushrooms until the mushrooms are browing.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the onion is translucent, then take off the heat.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a pan with 1 tbsp of water over a medium-low heat, cover and let it wilt down.
- Drain the spinach then squeeze the water out by placing it in a clean towel and pressing down. Chop it roughly.
- Put the spinach back in the pan and add the mushroom mixture to it. Stir in the cream cheese (Violife free-from brand make an excellent coconut-based one) and grated cheese (also Violife) then season to taste. I like to add a little paprika and nutmeg with the salt & pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of clingfilm or parchment paper.
- Beat them flat with a rolling pin until uniformly around half a centimetre /5mm thick.
- Add an 8th of the filling mixture in a mound on top of each flattened piece of chicken.
- Roll the chicken over and around the filling, tucking in the open ends and securing them well with a cocktail stick or two to stop them unrolling.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the frying pan (don't clean it) you used before and place the chicken rolls in seam down.
- Season the chicken with some more salt & pepper and a touch of paprika or chicken seasoning if desired.
- Fry for 3 minutes on the bottom, top then on each side until all over is golden and cooked through.
- Let rest, covered, for 5 minutes then serve with your choice of sides.