You can have Beef Stroganoff using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of lean beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 (14 1/2 oz) of can beef broth.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 1-2 cloves of garlic chopped fine.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce, or to taste.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need of Flour.
- It’s of Egg noodles.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Slice beef into 1/2 by 2in strips, then place in bowl and drizzle with olive oil and baking soda, mix to coat beef, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place beef in a colander and rinse under cold water, be sure to remove all baking soda from meat and pat with paper towels to dry. If you don’t like the texture of the meat tenderized with baking soda use tenderloin, and skip the tenderizing but it will add to the cost.
- In a large sauté pan heat a little oil and brown meat on all sides, remove from pan set aside.
- In the same pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter add onion and mushrooms, sauté until most of the moisture has evaporated, then add garlic and sauté a minute more.
- Sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of flour, cook stirring for a minute or two making a roux, add beef broth stirring to release any brown bits from bottom of pan, until slightly thickened then add reserved beef, mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and nutmeg. Lower heat to medium low and simmer 30 minutes or more if you want the beef very tender, stir occasionally.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, drain.
- When noodles are done, stir sour cream into beef mixture, adjust seasoning, serve over noodles.