Baked Ziti. Cook the ziti until not quite al dente. Boil ziti, following package directions, drain and place in a large bowl. Mix all the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella with the ziti.
Pour remaining sauce on top of ziti. Baked ziti is classic Italian-American comfort food! Bake ziti pasta with sausage, tomato sauce, and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. You can have Baked Ziti using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- It’s 2 box of Ziti.
- Prepare 2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of mozzarella cheese (shredded ).
- You need 2 lb of ricotta cheese.
This easy baked ziti recipe is always a hit! Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish. It's basically some kind of tomato or meat sauce baked in a dish with some kind of cheese and, of course, ziti noodles—unless you're me, then you use mostaciolli noodles. Some people just use tomato/marinara sauce.
Baked Ziti step by step
- Cook the ground beef until t you don't see raw meat..
- You chop up the onion, garlic and bell pepper into chuck ( can be as big or small as you want)..
- Add the chopped vegetables into the ground beef and cook until brown.Then add the tomato sauce.
- Let the meat sause simmer and boil a large pot of water (lightly salted )..
- Once the water come to a boil you add the ziti and stir it until it become the ziti become soft..
- Drain the water from the ziti then mix the ziti and meat sauce together.
- Once the ziti is mix together you can layer the ziti into a large baking pan with the shreed Mozilla cheese and ricotta cheese..
- Just keep laying the ziti and cheese's like a lasagna until everything is in one pan..
- Place the pan into the oven for 30 minutes to a hour or until all the top become crispy..
That, of course, would never fly in this house. Baked ziti can become dry for several reasons. When assembling the dish, be sure to cover the pasta with enough of the sauce so that the noodles don't dry out. Also, to prevent moisture from evaporating while cooking, cover the dish tightly with foil. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.