Blueberry pie. Blueberry pie is a pie with a blueberry filling. Blueberry pie is readily made because it does not require pitting or peeling of fruit. It usually has a top and bottom crust.
Blueberries have been found to be a "superfood". Classic blueberry pie gets an extra note of zing from the juice and zest of a lemon and is wrapped in a flakey butter crust that's nearly foolproof. Making a blueberry pie from scratch is much easier than you might think. You can have Blueberry pie using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Blueberry pie
- It’s of crust.
- You need 2 cup of flour, plus extra for rolling pastry..
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of vegetable shortening.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of filling.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1 of lemon – zest only.
- It’s 6 cup of frozen blueberries.
- You need 1/2 of lemon – juice only.
We're showing you how to make a blueberry pie with fresh (or frozen) blueberries, warm spices, lemon, and an easy lattice crust. My best Blueberry Pie recipe — it's a wonder how something so good can come from such a simple process and simple gorgeous fruit ingredients! Other ingredients for that blueberry pie filling: sugar, cornstarch, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a When all is said and done, there is really no trick to blueberry pie. You just have to take the time to.
Blueberry pie step by step
- For the crust: place flour and salt in bowl of food processor. Pulse several times. Add shortening and pulse until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs..
- Turn processor on and add 4 tablespoons water all at once. Process until it pulls away from the sides but does not form a ball..
- Divide pastry into two portions. Roll one portion and line deep dish pie plate..
- Beat together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Brush some over crust..
- Preheat oven to 425°..
- In large bowl, mix together filling ingredients. Pour into prepared crust..
- Roll out remaining crust and place over pie. Prick with fork to vent. Brush with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar..
- Cover crust edges with foil. Bake 45 minutes or until golden and center is bubbly. Cool on wire rack at least 2 hours..
This Classic Blueberry Pie is amazingly delicious without the fuss of peeling and pitting needed for Plus, our blueberry pie recipe from scratch is easier than you think and a great way to celebrate. I have used fresh blueberries and frozen blueberries. Homemade Blueberry Pie features a perfectly crisp and flaky crust with a thick, fresh, and summery luscious filling. Tons of tips for preventing watery soggy fruit pies inside! Blueberry Cream Pie: Today on Inspired by Charm, we're talking about pie!