Easy Apple Turnovers 🍎. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly. In small bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar and salt. Classic apple turnovers are an easy fall treat everyone should make at least once.
It is important to cook the apples first! And do not omit the cinnamon powder! It brings out the flavour of the apples! You can make Easy Apple Turnovers 🍎 using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Apple Turnovers 🍎
- Prepare 50 gm of margarine/butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 3-4 of medium apples (diced).
- You need 1 box of store-bought puff pastry.
All-Butter Puff Pastry: when you purchase pre-made puff pastry sheets, find high quality ones made with only butter (no shortening). Chunks vs No Chunks: we tried using applesauce with apple chunks and smooth applesauce without chunks. The ones with chunks work better, but the ones without chunks worked fine too. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Easy Apple Turnovers 🍎 instructions
- Melt butter on low heat..
- Add brown & white sugar, cinnamon powder. Stir well till sugar melts..
- Add apples and let cook until apples soften. Stir well..
- Let the filling cool down before putting it on the puff pastry..
- Fold pastry into desired shape. Brush with eggwash. Bake at 200°C for 22 minutes..
Drain water from apples, and place them into the hot skillet. Pour into the skillet, and mix well. Transform store-bought puff pastry into a family favorite recipe for Easy Apple Turnovers. In many ways it feels like a lifetime ago when I decided to start sharing my mom's beloved recipes , but in many other ways, it all still feels so new. Homemade Apple Turnovers with a filling that tastes like Apple Pie in flaky puff pastry dough.