Chilean avocado, bean, and corn salad. Ive been trying to eat healthier and put this together and loved it! When you choose minimally processed canned and frozen ingredients, healthy meals become quicker and easier to bring to the table. For an easy, light, summertime bean salad, we combined fiber-rich black beans with fresh corn, bright tomato and creamy avocado.
Toss and chill until ready to serve. Before serving, dice the avocado and add to the salad. It's important to add the avocado at the last minute to keep it from turning brown. You can have Chilean avocado, bean, and corn salad using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chilean avocado, bean, and corn salad
- It’s 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 of and a half cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of canned no-salt-added navy or garbonzo beans drained.
- Prepare 1 of hass avocado cut into chunks.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen corn kernals.
Toss well, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Using a knife, cut grid pattern into each half (so it's more easily eaten with salad). Spoon bean salad onto each half.
Chilean avocado, bean, and corn salad step by step
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika and salt in a bowl..
- Add the beans, avocado, and corn. Toss. Serve sprinkled with paprika..
For a hearty, better-for-you entrée, serve over a bed of chopped greens and top with sliced, cooked chicken breast. Microwave fresh corn in the husk. Black Bean Salad with Corn and Avocado. This classic black bean salad is packed with bright, refreshing flavors like corn, tomatoes, and cilantro, and has a kick from fresh garlic, jalapeño, and red onion. Mix black beans, corn, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, oil, hot sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.