Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup. Gradually whisk in the milk, half and half and chicken stock, stirring constantly. Add the broccoli, salt, garlic salt and black pepper, then bring mixture to a small boil. Stir in cheese and sour cream and add the chopped bacon back to the pot.
Serve with green onions and remaining cheese. When the broccoli is tender, add the cheese mixture to the baking pan and stir to coat well. Loaded Broccoli Cheese Fries: a fast family dinner recipe that everyone is sure to love. You can have Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth (I use LB Jamison Chicken Soup base.).
- It’s 3 of large carrots peeled and diced.
- Prepare 4 of medium potatoes (I use red potatoes).
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1-2 packages of frozen broccoli florets.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 6 slices of bacon cooked and chopped.
These fries are topped with family favorites like broccoli, cheddar cheese, chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing for dipping! My oldest child just started Kindergarten a couple of weeks ago. It didn't take us long to realize that a daily routine & fast. Add the broccoli to a steamer basket set over boiling water and cover.
Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup instructions
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add salt. Pour cheese sauce into the soup and stir until well combined..
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency and add any additional salt and pepper if needed..
- Top with bacon and green onion..
Divide the broccoli between four plates and top with the cheddar, sour cream, bacon, and chives. Add salt and pepper to taste. Thick and creamy loaded broccoli potato cheese soup is full of delicious vegetables and delicious seasonings. If you love flavorful soups then you'll definitely love loaded broccoli potato soup! Rolls or French Bread are perfect for sopping up the savory sauce.