red quinoa-avocado salad. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Spread into a mixing bowl, and refrigerate until cold. Add cooked quinoa, cooked corn, cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes to mixing bowl; stir to combine.
Ingredients of red quinoa-avocado salad
- Prepare 7 oz of red quinoa.
- It’s 12 oz of super-sweet corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh cilontro.
- You need 1 cup of green onion.
- It’s 2 of plum tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of avocados.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon vinaigrette.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Adding a rating or review is a great way for us to hear from you. View full nutritional breakdown of Red Quinoa-Avocado Salad calories by ingredient. Introduction This is a quick, easy to store salad. It's a change of pace from typical lettuce salad.
red quinoa-avocado salad step by step
- cook the quinoa as directed, chill for 20 minutes.
- chop cilantro finely, slice onions thinly, dice tomatoes, peel and pit avocado then cut into cubes.
- combine all ingredients including dressing until well mixed. season with salt and pepper to taste..
A great summer time lunch or dinner! I make it in bulk for parties or to bring for my lunch. This is a quick, easy to store salad.. Avocado & Red Quinoa Salad – Good & Good for You. Of late, Quinoa (pronounced "Keen-wah") has grown in popularity, and people are choosing the grain because it is a fast-cooking meal staple with a high nutritional value.