Bleu Cheese Fillet Mignon. Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
Ingredients of Bleu Cheese Fillet Mignon
- Prepare 4 of Fillet Mignons.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Worcestersire.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of Bleu Cheese Crumbles.
- It’s 1 bunch of Arugala.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped mushrooms.
Pack the blue cheese crust mixture onto the tops of the fillets, evenly covering each one with a thick layer of flavour. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, blue cheese and chopped parsley. Liberally season the steak with salt and ground black pepper. Heat a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium high heat until hot.
Bleu Cheese Fillet Mignon step by step
- In a bowl, 1 cup of bleu cheese, 2 tbsp evoo, 1 tbsp butter, salt & pepper, stir for 5 minutes and set aside for later..
- Take your fillets, rub both sides of each fillet with evoo, then sprinkle salt & pepper on each side..
- Take a large pan and put about 2 tbsp of evoo, turn heat to high. After pan starts to smoke a bit, place your fillets in pan and sear for about 4-5 minutes on both sides. After both side are seared, place top on the pan and bring heat to medium and let them cook for 12 minutes..
- In a medium pan at medium heat, place 2 tbsp of butter or margarine, 2 cups of chopped mushrooms, salt & pepper and stir every few minutes for 15 minutes. Then after 15 minutes add 1 full package of baby arugula and mix and cook for another 5 minutes..
- In a sauce pan at medium heat, put 1/4 cup of evoo, 1/2 a cup of red wine, 1/2 a cup of worcestersire sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt & pepper. Bring to low heat and let simmer until sauce has thickened..
- On a plate, place your mushrooms and arugula first, then your fillet, drizzle with your red wine sauce and top with a spoon full of bleu cheese. let sit for 5 minutes and serve..
Add the oil and swirl the skillet to coat the bottom. VARIATIONS ON BLUE CHEESE FILET MIGNON. Seasoning: There are lots of different seasonings you can add to your Filet Mignon topping like rosemary, garlic salt, chili powder, cumin, and thyme. Marinade: Try making a marinade for the Filet Mignon to make the meat even juicier. Blue Cheese Butter: Simply combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix until combined and smooth with small blue cheese chunks.