Grilled Chicken Soul Salad with Cilantro Lime Rice and Mango Salsa. Great recipe for Grilled Chicken Soul Salad with Cilantro Lime Rice and Mango Salsa. Salads are my favorite lunch and dinner choices and I like them to have lots of bold flavors. I pair sweet, salty, and savory for a healthy, eye catching meal. *My recipes are guidelines only for suggested.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken Soul Salad with Cilantro Lime Rice and Mango Salsa
- You need of Cilantro Lime Rice.
- You need 1 cup of Basmati or Long Grain Rice.
- Prepare of Finely grated lime zest (1 lime).
- You need 3 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Kerrygold butter.
- Prepare of 1 cup chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of Grilled Chicken.
- It’s of Thinly sliced chicken breast (3-6 cutlets).
- Prepare of Oregano.
- You need of Tajin.
- You need of Adobo.
- It’s of Kerrygold Garlic Herb Butter.
- Prepare of Mango Salsa.
- Prepare of Diced Mango.
- You need of Red peppers.
- It’s of Red onion.
- You need of Lime juice.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- It’s of Ginger.
- Prepare of Diced tomato.
- It’s of Toppings.
- It’s of Kale & Baby spinach mixed greens.
- You need of Feta cheese.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Sweet corn.
- It’s of Roasted sweet potato.
- It’s of Diced Roma or cherry Tomatoes.
- You need of Caesar dressing.
- Prepare of Diced avocado.
Top off the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread. Seal bag and turn bag to combine ingredients and cover chicken. Top with mango salsa and serve. Rub chicken breast halves with salt and pepper.
Grilled Chicken Soul Salad with Cilantro Lime Rice and Mango Salsa instructions
- Make your Cilantro Lime Rice: Wash the rice. It’ll take about 3-4 rinses but keep repeat how ever many times it take you until the water runs clear. Minimal start start is KEY unless your making sticky rice..
- Put your rinses rice in a pot, preferably one with a tight fitting lid or you can use aluminum foil as a cover. Pour enough water in the pot for it to be just above the rice. The water should be about a 1/2 inch above the rice. You can also use your index fingernail as a reference..
- Add butter,salt,lime zest, and lime juice to the rice. Bring to a rolling boil, then cover and lower the heat to low to maintain a very low simmer..
- Keep the rice covered the ENTIRE cooking time. Roughly 15-20 minutes or until all the water is dissolved. Pots with clear lids come in handy for this..
- Fluff with a fork and set aside for later..
- Make your grilled chicken: Marinate cleaned thinly sliced chicken breast with adobo, Tajin, and oregano for at least an hour. (Overnight is even better) Season to your liking; I don’t really measure 🙃.
- Melt Kerrygold butter in a pan and Grill chicken on medium high heat. About 5-6 min on each side..
- When cooked through, turn heat off and let chicken rest while you prep your mango salsa..
- Dice ripe mango, red peppers, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro into small cubes. Squeeze a little lime juice over them and mix. Set it aside..
- Remove your rested chicken from the pan and dice it up..
- (Optional) Heat up sweet corn on stove top or in oven. Set aside..
- Assemble your salad. Layer mixed greens, cilantro lime rice, grilled chicken, mango salsa, sweet corn, diced tomato, avocado, diced sweet potato, crumbled feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and a drizzle of Caesar dressing..
Remove from heat, set aside, and keep warm. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with the chili powder and salt to taste. While the chicken is cooking, combine the mango, avocado, red bell pepper and cilantro in a bowl. Stir in the lime juice and salt to taste. Spoon the salsa over the chicken and serve.