Creamy Greek Mac & cheese.
You can make Creamy Greek Mac & cheese using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Greek Mac & cheese
- It’s 4 tbsp of shallots.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of jack cheese (monterey with jalapeno peppers).
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 can of artichoke hearts (chopped).
- Prepare 1 box of spinach (drained and chopped).
- You need 2 lb of dried pasta (elbow/cavatoppi).
- You need 1 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of bechemel sauce.
- Prepare 5 cup of milk (whole).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of white flour.
- It’s 2 1/4 stick of butter (unsalted).
Creamy Greek Mac & cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large pot boil water with kosher salt (2 tsp) and cook pasta to al dente. Drain and rinse when complete with cold water..
- Using the same large pot with heat off, melt room temperature butter, add flour slowly whisk thoroughly while turning stove low->medium.
- Small pot on medium, heat up the milk (3-4 minutes do not burn!).
- Add cup by cup the heated milk to the whisked butter-flour mixture. It will become much thicker just keep whisking and add milk accordingly.
- Add the minced shallots, the 3 types of cheese, and drained chopped artichoke hearts & spinach. Keep stirring and add pasta..
- Fold the pasta in and then put in oven safe bowl..
- (Optional): for gooey thick creamy Mac & cheese leave as is. If textured layer, bake Panko bread crumbs for 5 minutes at 400, cool and sprinkle on top of Mac and cheese. Bake again for 15-20 minutes. Check at the 10 minute interval..