Pasta with Charred Broccoli, Feta, and Lemon.
You can have Pasta with Charred Broccoli, Feta, and Lemon using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta with Charred Broccoli, Feta, and Lemon
- It’s 4 cups of small broccoli florets.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 2 1/4 teaspoons of kosher salt, divided.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- You need 8 ounces of uncooked strozzapreti or mezze penne pasta.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 3 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of grated lemon rind.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of flaked sea salt (such as Maldon).
Pasta with Charred Broccoli, Feta, and Lemon instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Combine broccoli, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and crushed red pepper on a baking sheet; spread in a single layer. Bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until broccoli is charred and browned in spots, stirring after 15 minutes..
- Bring a large saucepan filled with water and remaining 2 teaspoons kosher salt to a boil. Add pasta, and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid..
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-low. Cook 2 minutes or until garlic is golden, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle flour over pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly..
- Gradually add reserved 3/4 cup pasta cooking liquid and milk to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in feta; cook 3 minutes or until feta begins to melt and sauce is slightly thickened. Add broccoli, pasta, and lemon rind; toss. Divide pasta mixture among 4 bowls; sprinkle evenly with black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon flaked salt.