Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes. How to Make Vegan Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. The base is a simple mixture of vegetables and lentils simmered with fresh thyme in vegetable broth until tender and flavorful. Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie: A Healthy Spin on a Classic.
Made with grassfed ground beef and. Shepherd's pie has endless variations – this tempting version uses Veggie Ground Round and is topped with sweet potato mash. If you're making it expect the sweet potatoes to be softer than if you were making it with normal mashed potatoes. You can have Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes
- You need of Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of fennel.
- You need 1 medium of tomato.
- You need 1 small of zucchini.
- It’s 1 packages of mushrooms.
- You need of Meat.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 lb of sausage.
- You need 6 1/2 oz of can tomato paste.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 2 medium of sweet potatoes, mashed.
For the mashed sweet potatoes: Scoop sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Mix in the cream, butter, coriander Set aside. Render down the bacon in a large saute pan or braiser over medium heat until crispy. LOVED this variation on Shepherd's Pie, and Dang! does it smell delicious when it is baking with the warm curry aroma. (So much so, that the repairman Prepared the sweet potatoes another night.
Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave with one quarter cup of water until done.
- Brown 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound sausage, 1 cup of fennel, 1 1/2 cup of celery, and 1 medium onion.
- Season the meat mixture to taste.
- Blend the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Cut up remaining vegetables including a summer squash 1 medium tomato and mushrooms.
- Once the meat mixture is cooked to add the vegetables plus one 6 ounce can tomato paste to it.
- Cover until heated through then transfer to a cake pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes then use the broiler to brown the top.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes so the goodness congeals together.
Then assembled the casseroles another day (omitting dairy and peas due to allergies, using butternut. While this recipe for Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie doesn't take all day to cook, it's perfect for cooler autumn weather. First, I substituted sweet potatoes for mashed potatoes. The slight sweetness works beautifully in this recipe and definitely makes this dish appropriate for the season. Pressure Cooker Shepherd's Pie + First Look at The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook!