Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with chicken. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Nasi goreng, meaning "fried rice" in both Malay and Bahasa Indonesia, is one of the national dishes of Indonesia. While variations of nasi goreng recipes are found across Southeast Asia, the Indonesian version is perhaps the best known.
Uncover, fluff up with a fork and spread over a tray. Nasi goreng komplit – spicy fried rice served with a sunny side up on top, chicken satay and fried chicken on the side along with kerupuk udang (shrimp crackers) and acar (Indonesian pickles). Tripe and stinky bean fried rice – yes, it's the kind of bean you should not eat before going on a first date. You can make Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with chicken using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with chicken
- Prepare 400 gr of basmati rice.
- Prepare 300 gr of chicken.
- It’s 2 of shallots.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Sweet thick soya sauce (kecap manis).
- You need of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Ground spices for the rice:.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 of garlic.
- Prepare of Salt.
Increase the heat to high and add the rice, salt and soy sauce, adding a little oil if necessary, stirring constantly until well mixed and heated through. Garnish with shredded egg, cucumber, and tomato. Serve with fried egg, fried chicken, satay, and shrimp crackers, (in the traditional style), if desired. Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) A Traditional Stir-Fried Fragrant Rice Dish For Home Cooks.
Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with chicken step by step
- Cook the basmati rice as per instructions on the package. Set aside once cooked..
- Grind the spices: coriander seeds, pepper, and garlic..
- Diced the chicken and the tomato. Slice the shallots and grate the carrot..
- Heat the oil up until it turns gold and lower the heat. Toss the ground spices and shallots until it smells good..
- Set the heat to medium and put the chicken until it is well cooked. Then put the grated carrot..
- Set the heat to high and add the rice, salt, pepper, and the sweet thick soya sauce. Cook and stir until the rice turns brown. Taste to correct..
- Fry the eggs separately..
- Serve the fried rice with sliced cucumber and the fried eggs..
- Other tasty adds-on that you will normally get with the dish when ordered in a restaurant are: krupuk (crisps), satay (grilled meat with peanut sauce), acar (pickles), and sambal (spicy sauce).
The traditional Indonesian Nasi Goreng is a popular recipe that has many variants in today's cooking culture. A classic dish, the Indonesian Fried Rice incorporates the flavors and ingredients of 'sambal goreng' with fried rice. Nasi Goreng, in a nutshell, is Indonesian Fried Rice. It's simple food, typically made with leftover ingredients, and varies quite a bit depending on where you are. While we were there in the hot south, it almost always was served with something crunchy, cool and fresh on the side.