Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole.
You can have Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs. (You really need the panko bread crumbs for this).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 lb of skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces, patted dry.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of tomato basil pasta sauce (I ended up using the entire 22 oz jar, so be flexible!).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. (I use the whole bag, what's another 1/2 cup).
- You need 2 tablespoons of shredded fresh basil (if you have it. I sprinkled a bit of dry basil seasoning on it).
Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- In a 10" oven proof skillet melt a tablespoon of butter. Add bread crumbs cook stirring frequently until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to separate small dish. Add Parmesan cheese to toasted Panko crumbs. Set aside..
- Wipe skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter into skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and salt and cook until chicken is cooked thru, add garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes; stir and cook another minute..
- Stir in pasta sauce; heat to simmering. If the consistency is to thin I simmer intil it thickens to my liking.Remove from heat, top with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted probably 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Top with basil..
- I served this over spaghetti..