Sunshiny Summer Salad. It's that time of year when there are so many fresh vegetables & I start experimenting. This started as a warm side dish & was so tasty that I turned the ingredients into a salad. I like it at room temperature but it can be chilled, of course.
Ingredients of Sunshiny Summer Salad
- Prepare 3 of cobs sweet corn.
- Prepare 3 cups of rough chopped yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, thin sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of pat butter.
- Prepare of Allspice to taste.
- It’s of Salt to taste.
- You need 4 tsp of avocado or other neutral oil.
- It’s 1 Tb of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 Tb of mirin.
That's why it's the peak season for barbecues, cold drinks and salads. Dress up any meal by adding this sunshiny-cheerful addition! Place cashews in a plastic bag and break into small pieces using a mallet or meat tenderizer. The Swiss dressing for this salad is robust and tart – the perfect foil for these mineral-rich little bundles of green and the pops of sunshiny egg.
Sunshiny Summer Salad step by step
- Strip corn from the cobs.
- Add corn to a saucepan with milk & butter & simmer over a medium low fire for 10 minutes..
- Drain & cool.
- Add salt & allspice to corn (fresh ground is best).
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add yellow squash & onion & blanch for 1 minute.
- Drain & cool.
- Add corn to squash & onions.
- Mix oil, vinegar & mirin & drizzle over vegetables.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy.
But don't despair if you haven't got a secret stash of Nüsslisalat – replace them with baby spinach, or romaine lettuce, or any other mix of rich, hearty greens. This hearty salad makes the most of the sunshiny shades of summer's best produce. The veggies' colors are kept bright by cooking each one separately. In a large bowl, mix carrot mixture, raisins and dressing together. Garnish with some pineapple wedges, if desired.