Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff.
You can have Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic poweder.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 8-10 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- You need 2 teaspoons of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 10.5 oz of can cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need of Cooked egg noodles (whole wheat are best).
Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Cook ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a skillet until no longer pink, drain set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter and saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic until mushrooms are browned and onions are translucent. Add garlic last so it won't burn..
- Sprinkle on flour a stir to cook flour for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with beef broth, add mushrooms soup, stir until combined..
- Add cooked beef back to skillet, stir in nutmeg, bring to a light boil and then simmer for 15 minutes while noodles cook..
- Check for last minute seasoning needs and stir in sour cream just before serving..
- Serve over whole wheat egg noodles.