Sweet Cherry Pie. Gourmet Food, Food Gifts & Mail Order Foods Shipped to Your Door Anywhere! Gently fit into bottom and sides of plate (do not stretch dough). Sweet Cherry Pie Cherry pie filled with ripe sweet cherries is a summer favorite.
Stir in cherries; reserved juice, lemon juice and almond extract. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. To tame the cherries' sweetness and get them to break down to the proper, juicy texture in our sweet cherry pie recipe, we cut back on the amount of sugar we were using and added some pureed plums. You can have Sweet Cherry Pie using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Cherry Pie
- It’s 2 of red plums (halved and pitted).
- It’s 6 cup of sweet cherries (halved and pitted).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of instant tapioca (ground).
- Prepare 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter (1/4 inch pieces).
- It’s 1 large of egg (beaten with 1 tbsp. water).
We cut the sweet cherries in half and toss. Sweet Cherry Pie™ Cherry Prunus cerasus 'Eubank' Description & Overview Sweet Cherry Pie™ cherry is a tart cherry that is known for its extremely heavy crop yield. This variety produces a nice quality dark red cherry that is excellent for pies, jams and cobblers. Add lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract, and Kirsch and mix to combine.
Sweet Cherry Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Process plums and 1 cup of the cherries until smooth..
- Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible..
- Discard the solids..
- Add remaining cherries, sugar, salt, lemon juice, tapioca, and cinnamon to the bowl..
- Mix well to combine; let stand 15 minutes..
- Transfer cherry mixture to the dough lined pan..
- Scatter butter pieces over the fruit..
- Top with second round of pie dough..
- Brush top evenly with egg wash..
- Put pie in freezer for 20 minutes..
- Bake for 30 minutes..
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for 30-40 minutes..
- Let cool 2-3 hours..
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place in the lower third of the oven. Spread cherry filling in an even layer onto pie crust, and dot with butter on top. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add sugar mixture, vanilla extract, almond extract and lemon juice into the boiling cherries. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes.