Tabbouleh Salad. White beans, spinach, and extra veggies add an extra punch to this delicious and refreshing salad dish. This is great on a hot summer night, served with warm pita bread and garnished with black olives and feta cheese. Tabouli salad or Tabbouleh is a simple Mediterranean salad of very finely chopped vegetables, lots of fresh parsley and bulgur wheat, all tossed with lime juice and olive oil.
This tabbouleh salad—aka tabouli—also includes a bright garlic-mint dressing, adding another layer of flavor. We think of tabbouleh as a bulgur salad with lots of parsley and mint. But real Lebanese tabbouleh is a lemony herb salad with a little bit of fine bulgur, an edible garden that you can scoop up with romaine lettuce heart leaves or simply eat with a fork. You can have Tabbouleh Salad using 30 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Tabbouleh Salad
- It’s of For salad:-.
- You need 1 cup of Coriander leaves (chopped).
- It’s 6-8 of Broccoli florets.
- You need 2 of Babycorn (cut into quarters).
- It’s 2 of Mushrooms (sliced).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoon of Red bell pepper (finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoon of Yellow bell pepper (finely chopped).
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoon of Green bell pepper (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Moong bean sprout.
- Prepare 6-8 of Grapes (chopped).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Peanut (roasted).
- You need 4-5 of Almonds (roasted and cut into 3-4 pieces).
- You need 1/4 cup of Cucumber (grated).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Apple (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Apple (grated).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Olive oil.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of For dressing:-.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fresh apple juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Mustard paste.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Honey.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Tamarind paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Roasted Cumin powder.
- It’s of For garnishing:-.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sesame seeds (roasted).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Musk melon seeds (roasted).
Tabbouleh is a healthy, rich and super-green salad with pure Lebanese origins that is known for its spicy-tangy kick. In traditional Lebanese cuisine, Tabbouleh (sometimes spelled and pronounced as Tabouli) is usually served along with Mezza which is a host of appetizers and hors-d'oeuvres. Tabbouleh salad (tabouli salad) is probably the most popular Mediterranean salad, and is becoming mainstream in American grocery stores all over the country and the world, which is super cool! One thing that I've noticed though is that in the states, tabbouleh tends to have more bulgur than the traditional recipe calls for.
Tabbouleh Salad step by step
- Firstly, collect all ingredients..
- For dressing:- Take bowl, add tamarind paste, honey, mustard paste, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, mustard paste, apple juice and cumin powder in it and whisk everything well and keep it aside..
- For salad:- Heat olive oil in a pan..
- Add garlic paste in it and cook it until it's raw smell is completely gone..
- Now add chopped broccoli, babycorn and mushrooms with a pinch of salt and cook it on low flame until it is slightly softened then switch of the flame..
- Take bowl, add coriander leaves, red, yellow and green bell peppers, grapes, moong bean sprouts, chopped and grated apple, grated cucumber and roasted peanuts and almonds in it the mix everything well..
- Now add prepared dressing in it vegetable-fruit mix and mix everything..
- Take this out on a plate, garnish it with roasted sesame seeds and musk melon seeds..
- Tabbouleh Salad is ready to serve now..
Tabbouleh is such a distinct and iconic salad that it has become so well known all over the world. I always find this salad in the prepared food section at the supermarket, as well at any Mediterranean food stand, cart or restaurant, even more so than Fattoush! With a parsley base, this delicious salad combines fresh mint, scallions, tomatoes and bulgur. This traditional Tabbouleh Salad is a healthy Mediterranean appetizer made with parsley, mint, chopped vegetables, and bulgur seasoned with lemon, black pepper, and olive oil. Print Recipe Pin Recipe Save Recipe.