chicken strata. This Chicken and Spinach Strata is a great end of week meal. Or a great start of week meal to use This strata version I have shared is a Chicken, Spinach and Cheese one because I was feeling super. Add chicken and mayonnaise, mix well.
If desired, simplify the recipe by leaving out the sweet red pepper and sliced mushrooms; simply add an extra cup of frozen vegetables. The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of our friends at Warm and comforting, you'll be shocked at how easily this tasty Chicken Strata comes together. Smoked chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, and sweet peppers are layered with bread, egg, and Swiss cheese in this quick and easy strata recipe. You can have chicken strata using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of chicken strata
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 small of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 3 of finely chopped celery ribs.
- You need 12 oz of frozen asparagus cut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 cup of shredded cooked chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 6 large of eggs.
- You need 1/4 of chopped scallions.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 6 cup of croutons crushed.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Save crumbs, if there are any. This Chicken Strata is a delicious and hearty chicken dish that is sure to impress. It's a little more work than your average casserole but oh so worth it! Be the first to rate & review!
chicken strata instructions
- heat butter in a large skipper over medium heat. add onion and celery and cook uncovered. shirriny occasionally, about 5 min. add asparagus and water and cook unit asparagus is crisp tender about 3 min. transfer vegetables to a large bowl. add chicken and mayonnaise mix well. whisk milk, broth,eggs,scallions,salt,pepper in another bowl. lightly butter 13×9 baking dish. spread 1/2 of the croutons in dish, top with chicken mixture. spread remaining croutons over chicken. pour egg mixture over ingredients in dish. cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hrs. preheat oven to 350.
- bake strata covered with foil for 45 min. uncover and sprinkle with cheese , bake until cheese melts about 15 mins. let stand for 5 mins serve hot.
Cheesy Chicken Strata. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. First of all, you will need a large skillet that you will place on the stove on medium heat. To it you will ad your mushrooms, asparagus and red or yellow pepper. Our most trusted Chicken Strata recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks.