Cheesy chicken and mushroom casserole. My family loves this cheesy, super tasty chicken and mushroom pasta dish recipe and get excited every time they see I've made this for dinner! Stir and fold in shredded chicken, and season with salt and pepper. This pasta casserole is made with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy, cheesy sauce.
To finish the cheesy chicken and mushroom casserole, stir half the cheese into the pan, then sprinkle the rest over the top. The roux should resemble the color of peanut butter. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, heavy cream and chicken stock. You can make Cheesy chicken and mushroom casserole using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy chicken and mushroom casserole
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 box of any shape pasta (I used penne).
- It’s 8 ounces of sour cream.
- It’s 1 can of Campbell’s cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 can of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 2 cups of diced mushrooms. (I used baby portobello mushrooms).
- You need 1 cup of shredded Colby jack cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Spices to taste: original Mrs dash, chicken seasoning, pepper, soul seasoning, garlic powder.
This delicious chicken casserole made with oyster, shiitake, and cremini mushrooms coated with a creamy sauce is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Many dishes skip the usual tortilla-beans-rice trio altogether: Think vibrant soups, messy sandwiches, and a cheesy grilled corn salad. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms for five minutes, or until softened.
Cheesy chicken and mushroom casserole instructions
- Heat oven to 350 and lightly grease or butter a 13×9 glass baking dish..
- In a pan sauté your chicken until done, cool and shred. Cook noodles until almost done and drain..
- Combine noodles with shredded chicken, spices, soups, sour cream and sliced mushrooms. Place in baking dish and top with both cheeses. Bake covered 20-25 minutes..
My big batch creamy chicken and mushroom one pan casserole! Cook this dish on the hob or in the oven. Add in lots of chopped mushrooms, the sealed chicken and some salt and pepper. Once it's simmered, stir in the cream to finish it off (if you want it thicker, you. Salt and pepper chicken breasts and evenly season with Italian seasoning.